Pasta with asparagus and dry tomatoes Ingredients for 4-5 servings:
- 500 g pasta
- 1 package (300 g) of asparagus
- One pack (250g) Ricotta cheese
- 5 tablespoons of sun-dried tomatoes in oil or ready-to-eat dried tomatoes cut into strips
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 25 g of butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- For serving: Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the pasta till it is Al dente, drain and keep 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid. Cut 4cm off the bottom of the asparagus (discard) and slice the rest into quarters.
2. Heat butter and olive oil in a frying pan, add garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. When hot add the asparagus stalks, without the heads and steam while occasionally stirring for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the asparagus heads and cook for an additional minute.
4. Add the pasta to the pan and stir for about a minute. Add the sun-dried/ RTE tomatoes and stir for another minute, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
5. Add the Ricotta cheese in dollops and mix gently.
6. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese on top.