We are proud to introduce you to our Israeli take on pecan pie, a honey-infused version that adds a delicate and indulgent sweetness to an already delicious dish!
Are you ready to make Israeli-style Honey Pecan Pie?! Gather your ingredients and let's get baking!
- 4-6 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of chopped caramel-coated pecans
- 1 cup of light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of runny honey
- 1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). In a large bowl, mix the eggs, pecans, corn syrup, white sugar, half of the melted butter, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir together until they are well incorporated. This mixture will be your pie filling.
- Next, pour the filling into the unbaked pastry shell. Make sure the filling is evenly distributed. This will ensure that every bite of the pie has a perfect balance of flavors. Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake it for approximately 30 minutes. Keep an eye on the pie to ensure it doesn’t overcook.
- While the pie is baking, it’s time to prepare your pecan topping. In a small saucepan, melt the rest of the butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and the honey until they are well combined. Once the mixture has reached a smooth consistency, gently fold in the pecans, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- After the pie has been baked for 30 minutes, remove it from the oven. Carefully spoon the prepared pecan topping over the partially cooked filling. Spread it out evenly, covering the entire surface of the pie. Return the pie to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once the pie is baked to perfection, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack. Once cooled, you can refrigerate any leftovers (if there are any!) to enjoy later.